How to Buy NFTs on Opensea: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
As part of a decentralized system, Opensea is one of the largest and prominent marketplaces to buy NFTs. Basically, NFTs are digital assets in the form of images, videos or any other form of digital art. Recently, with the rise of the cryptocurrency market, many celebrities and athletes are also trading with the NFT market. Due to this, crypto enthusiasts are going crazy to collect some rare and unique NFTs.
If you are one of them and want to collect valuable NFTs in your crypto wallet, then this article will surely provide you with a simple step-by-step guide on how to connect a wallet and buy NFTs you like on the OpenSea platform. Let’s start it.
Related Reading: How to Mint NFTs with Best Tools
Connecting Your Crypto Wallet to OpenSea
- Go to the homepage of Opensea and click the wallet icon on the top right corner.
- A list will appear of supported wallets.Connect with one of them or create a new one.
- Opensea will direct you to the page, where you can see collected, created, or favorite NFTs, which you wish to buy in the future.
If you have trouble in creating your own crypto wallet, check here for our detailed guide.
Ways to Collect NFTs on OpenSea
If you are planning to Collect NFTs in your crypto wallet, OpenSea gives you two different options:
- Make an offer – By placing a bid for a specific timeframe.
- Buy – You can directly purchase in less time.
Create an Offer
- Firstly, search the NFTs which you want to purchase by exploring the Opensea marketplace.
- Check out all details related to the particular NFT, to ensure you can place a bid. Note that your bidding value must be 5 times larger than the previous bid.
- Click on “Make Offer” on the page.
- Once again it will show you details of the NFT you want to buy.
- Now choose the currency you wish to use in the purchase.
- Now, enter your Bidding price and expiration date. ( The expiration date gives the timeframe to the seller to accept or reject that offer in that period.)
- To check your all listing offers, go to your profile checkout the “Offers” on the left-hand sidebar section.
- After creating an offer, you can wait till the seller accepts your offer.
- First, decide the NFT which you like and want to buy on the Opensea marketplace.
- Review all the details of that NFT. For the rare and collectible NFTs, you can notice the properties. Also, you can check the price history related to that particular NFT.
- After deciding your favorite NFT, click on the “Buy Now” option.
- You can see the pop-up with the purchase details. Checkout all these purchase details to avoid scams with your NFT purchase.
- After reviewing all the details, you can see the reminder of the OpenSea terms and conditions. Mark the box and click on the “Checkout” button.
- In the next step, you will see your crypto wallet account, where you can see a detailed description of the final amount as well as the gas fees.
- Click “Confirm” and you will have the NFT in your wallet.
To check this purchased NFT in your wallet, go back to your profile and open “In wallet”. Due to the slow process, it can sometimes take a long time to transfer your wallet.
Congratulations! You have now successfully bought an NFT on OpenSea! Hope this will be a helpful guide!
Related Reading: Five Ways to Generate Passive Income with NFTs