Total Crypto Users Could Reach 1 Billion by 2030
The BCG, Bitget, and Foresight Ventures predicted that the milestone of 1 billion crypto users will be hit by 2030.
A joint report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Bitget and Foresight Ventures said that the adoption of cryptocurrencies remains low compared to traditional investment classes such as equities, payment technologies and institutional private equity allocations.
- The report estimates that around 0.3% of individual wealth is currently held in crypto assets, compared to 25% in equities.
- Going by the current adoption trends, the total number of crypto users couldreach 1 billion by 2030, the report said.
- Although institutional interest in crypto assets is growing, individual investors are currently the biggest holders of crypto, the report said. Hedge funds and venture capital firms are most willing to invest, it added.
- As crypto regulation in Southern Asia matures, the region accounts for about 2% to 3% of global crypto trading value, with India, Thailand and Vietnam making up the largest markets in terms of trading value, the report said.
- Crypto trading in South Asia is largely driven by young traders who are extremely speculative and take their cues from social media, according to the report.