BTCC lists Aptos (APT) USDT-margined quarterly futures
Aptos (APT) USDT-margined quarterly future is now available on BTCC
We are excited to announce that we have listed APTUSDT quarterly futures on BTCC.
You can now trade APTUSDT with 50x leverage on our app and web platforms. Find out more details on the futures contract specifications.
Aptos (APT) – The hottest crypto that is touted by its founders as the ‘Solana Killer’
What is APT?
- The Aptos blockchain is a Web3-focused layer one blockchain developed by a startup named Aptos Labs, which was founded by Mo Shaikh and Avery Ching, two former Meta employees in charge of the Diem blockchain project that was eventually cancelled.
- Aptos is a PoS blockchain designed for security, scalability, and upgradeability. It is developed with Meta’s Move smart contract language, which is a programming language that values safety and correctness.
- Because of this major competitive advantage, the founders of Aptos foresee that Aptos can become a competitor to Solana as Aptos has the potential to become a blockchain that is well-suited to smart contracts.
Why is everyone talking about APT?
- Aptos gained a lot of hype in the crypto space within a short period, mainly because it was considered the successor of Meta’s Diem blockchain project.
- APT became the talk of the market this week as on 17 October, the Aptos team announced the mainnet has arrived after four years of development.
- Currently, only a few major exchanges have listed APT, and BTCC is one of them.
- The coin is currently ranked 44th on CoinMarketCap, with a market cap of over $1.2 billion.
- According to CoinGecko’s data, APT crashed over 40% to the $8 level when it was first launched on 19 Oct. It is currently trading at around the $9.4 level.
- The crash was largely due to the Aptos’ claimed processing speed. The blockchain claimed that it could process 160,000 transactions per second (TPS), but the TPS turned out to be only around 23. The Aptos community had called out Aptos for poor management.
- Do you think APTUSDT will be able to get back to the initial $13 level? Create a price alert on the pair to not miss any trading opportunities.
Click to register or scan the below QR code to download the BTCC app: